Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Baby Showers and Bad News

Yesterday we had a baby shower for one of the ladies that I teach with. She already has two boys and is having a third boy so we focused on getting her stocked up on diapers and wipes. I had a wonderful time crocheting her the cutest little hat for a baby boy and sewing her a few burp clothes. Along with those homemade goods and the diapers I also gave her a onesie that I had picked up for that someday when I would have a baby of my own.

Last summer they had a blow out clearance on the cutest onesies with the funniest little sayings on them. Last summer, being the first few months that we were ttc (trying to conceive), I was still in a state where my head was in the clouds and I was excited to look at everything baby. So the $1.00 that I paid for said onesies was such a great deal that I brought a handful of them.

It was during that time that I expected a call back from my gynecologist office saying that they would call in clomid for me for another month. I would rush to the pharmacy after work to pick up the pills that would undoubtedly give me terrible hot flashes, headaches, cramps, and craziness. I would take them though, because just maybe I would get my miracle baby from them. Instead, I got the call from the nurse and she said that something was low on my husbands analysis and that clomid would not be called in for me because if he had something low it wouldn't help me in the long run. She also said that a referral would be made for us to a fertility center where we would try to get additional help. I was devastated by this news. After getting off the phone I went to the bathroom to try to compose myself before heading back to the baby shower. So, I went back in but couldn't handle it. I looked at my friend who teaches 7th grade and she knew I was in no state to stay. I left and cried the whole way home. I was secretly hoping that it wouldn't get to this, that we wouldn't have to go to a special office. Last night I moped, today I forged ahead.

This morning I called the fertility center and gave them our information to schedule our first appointment. I prayed for an initial appointment time really soon so we wouldn't have to waste too much time. Our prayers were answered as they have an opening next Friday. It is even better because I have spring break and won't have to take time off from work to go to the appointment.

Our prayers for this new phase is that the doctors will be knowledgeable so they can figure out what is wrong with us. I also pray for the best possible plan of action, that my insurance will cover some of the appointments, that we wouldn't have to do anything too invasive, and most of all that if it be the Lord's will that we would have a precious miracle baby.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment